Funds for community groups to help us rebuild from Covid-19
The Community Capability and Resilience Fund is a $36 million fund is available from 1 August 2020 to support community initiatives that support the rebuild and recovery from COVID-19.
The fund is targeted towards initiatives that support priority groups, which include Māori, Pacific, ethnic migrant communities, and culturally and linguistically diverse groups.
Who can apply?
Examples of community groups who can apply are:
- Local marae, whānau, hapū, iwi
- Multicultural councils
- Ethnic community organisations
- Faith based, religious and church groups
- Community access radio stations
- Community Hubs
- Not for profit organisations and social enterprises
- Other community-based interest groups.
The funding enables these groups to focus on community wellbeing and efforts to help promote social inclusion.
Find more details and an application form on the MSD website: